At Porterhouse Medical Group, we work hard to incorporate our company values into everything we do. These values emphasise Pride and passion, Ambition, Togetherness and Humour in our work and daily lives and form our ‘PATH’; they are reflected in our approach to our work, recruitment, training and the well-being of our teams.
The talented people in our Porterhouse family are our greatest asset. We ‘share the love’ internally by giving colleagues who gone above and beyond, and really encompassed our core values a Living Our Values Every Day (LOVE) award, as a way of recognising them and saying thank you.
In the light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, our teams want to show our gratitude to NHS staff by nominating friends or family members who are working selflessly at the front line for Love A Medic awards, which are each accompanied by an Amazon voucher as a small token of our appreciation.
Fabrice Allum, Managing Director of Porterhouse Insights, who initiated the Love A Medic award scheme, said, “These are small but heartfelt gestures from the Porterhouse family and it’s the least we can do while these individuals face infection while saving lives every day. We send all healthcare professionals huge thanks, love and strength in these tough times.”
Recipients of our Love A Medic award so far:
- Eloise (the daughter of our Finance Manager), a Foundation Year 2 Doctor at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
- Eli (Lizzie) Snow, a Critical Care Outreach Sister at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London
- Hazel Horsnell, a Clinical Midwifery Manager at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
- Peter Chater-Lea, an Anaesthetist in the intensive care unit at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
- Cecilia Reeves-Smith, a Midwife at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading.
- Katy Dexter, a Nurse in the intensive care unit at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
- Ellie Harbinson, an F1 Doctor at Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading. Ellie is working long hours, yet always manages to stay positive.
‘I just wanted to say thank you so much for giving me this lovely gift card in recognition of my work as an NHS midwife. This has really cheered me up! My family and I are moving house soon so this will help to buy something we need for the house. Many thanks again.’