Porterhouse Insights is the global research, insight and evidence consultancy of Porterhouse Medical Group, and was established in 2017 to generate actionable insights to meet evolving client needs. The team works with healthcare and pharmaceutical clients across R&D, commercial and medical to answer ad hoc research questions with primary and secondary market research studies. The team also works closely with Porterhouse Medical colleagues to ensure our campaigns and solutions are driven by powerful, real-world insights and truly make a difference to people’s lives.
The Consultancy has grown rapidly in the last few years, and we are now looking for an experienced Research Manager to join the team at this exciting time.
Research Manager (UK office) – job description
As a Research Manager, you will be involved in both research and medical communications projects and will work across a broad multi-disciplinary insight skill set.
- Understanding project objectives and how these will be addressed by the research
- Managing project teams ensuring that project outputs are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Management of workflow of project team
- Manage nominated project teams with high degree of self-sufficiency, ensuring that team works together effectively to deliver project outputs on time & to a high standard
- Delegate project-related tasks to other members of project team, coaching them as appropriate to achieve the desired outputs
- Ensuring projects are progressing as per the timeline
- Demonstrating awareness of project timelines and proactively prepare for next steps
- Undertake client interaction with the support of project lead, including competent verbal presentation of main findings to client team
- Ensure project costs are within specified budgets
- Proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and cost saving opportunities for individual projects
- Playing a key role in project analysis and reporting
- Supporting business development / marketing activities as required by SMT / BD coordinator
- Writing client proposals / pitches under supervision of account lead
- Collaborating closely with Porterhouse Medical colleagues to develop joint ventures
- Desired background and skills
We are looking for the very best researchers in order to maintain our reputation as a first-class insight and medical communications agency delivering insight projects and scientific programmes of the highest quality. Specifically, we are looking for individuals with the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
• At least five years’ experience in a research/insight agency role or similar
• A bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in a life science (biological sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry or a closely related subject) and a strong academic record; appropriate psychology or business qualifications will add to the strength of the application
• Excellent English language skills and a meticulous attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
• The ability to pick up and understand new information rapidly, and to work well both in a team and individually
• A strong work ethic and a solution-focused ‘can do’ attitude combined with intellectual curiosity and creativity
• A self-starter with a passion for research, communications and healthcare
The Porterhouse Medical Group
The Porterhouse Medical Group is a globally acclaimed healthcare communications agency network with a reputation for excellence. We work with some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, helping them to connect with a global audience of healthcare professionals and patients.
In 2016, Porterhouse Medical received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise (the UK’s highest accolade for outstanding achievement in business) in the International Trade category, and in 2019 we were delighted to be awarded with the Investors in People accreditation at the Gold level, which is a world-recognised standard that reflects the very best in people management excellence.
Our company culture fosters a fun, friendly and supportive working environment, where excellence and teamwork are an everyday occurrence. Our employees include editors, medical writers, account managers, research executives and designers, who work collaboratively on a variety of projects to ensure they are completed to the highest standard for our clients.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jan Coetzee (Talent Manager). We do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies.