We are currently looking for a talented medical writer to join our growing team at Porterhouse Medical US.
As a medical writer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Writing clear, grammatically correct, technical and creative medical/scientific text for a variety of audiences (e.g. healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical sales teams and patients)
- Ensuring the accuracy of all information, data and referencing for the publications/documents produced
- Ensuring projects remain within specification and liaising with clients to negotiate changes where necessary
- Being proactive in tracking projects and chasing comments from clients and authors as well as determining timelines
- Working on a variety of projects at the same time
- Learning and understanding new therapy areas quickly and comprehensively, inspiring confidence with the client
Desired background and skills
We are looking for the very best life sciences graduates to maintain our reputation as a first-class medical communications agency delivering scientific programs of the highest quality. Specifically, we are looking for individuals with the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- A PhD in a biological science or public health policy and a strong academic record
- 1–2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical company or medical communications agency
- A strong work ethic and a solution-focused ‘can do’ attitude combined with intellectual curiosity and creativity
- A passion for medical communications and education
- The ability to work effectively in a team in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Jan Coetzee (Talent Manager). We do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies.