Porterhouse Medical is a global insights and healthcare communications agency with a reputation for excellence. We work with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, helping them to connect with a global audience of healthcare professionals and patients, with a focus on improving people’s lives.
Porterhouse Medical is part of SCIRIS, a global family of agencies delivering exceptional healthcare communications and consultancy services. SCIRIS connects best-in-class capabilities to achieve success across therapeutic categories and all phases of brand development through offering bespoke programmes in healthcare communications, health economics and outcomes research, creative and brand strategy, medical compliance, and insights. Together we are united by our ability to deliver intelligent solutions, inspired by science.
Our growing, expert team is the perfect blend of science and creativity. We have editors, strategists, medical writers, client services managers and designers, who all work closely together on a variety of projects to ensure they are completed to the highest standard for our clients.
We foster a friendly and inclusive working environment, where teamwork is an everyday occurrence. We are proud of our Investors in People accreditation at the Gold level, which is a globally recognised standard that reflects the very best in people management excellence. We also strive to have a positive social and environmental impact; we have many charity initiatives and were awarded the ISO 14001 for environmental management in 2021.
Our core values, which form our Porterhouse PATH (Passion, Ambition, Togetherness and Humour), are built into our daily working lives and contribute to our culture and strong relationships.
Associate Medical Writer (UK) – job description
As an Associate Medical Writer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Writing clear, grammatically correct, technical and creative medical/scientific text for a variety of audiences (e.g. healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical sales teams and patients), and paying close attention to detail
- Being able to follow a brief to produce a piece of work that meets the client’s needs
- Ensuring the accuracy of all information, data and referencing for the publications/documents produced
- Ensuring projects remain within specification and liaising with clients and colleagues to negotiate changes where necessary
- Learning and understanding new therapy areas quickly and comprehensively
- Being able to follow guidance and take constructive feedback on board
Desired background and skills
We are looking for the very best life sciences graduates in order to maintain our reputation as a first-class medical communications agency delivering scientific programmes of the highest quality.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in a life science (biological sciences, biomedical sciences or biochemistry, or a closely related subject) and a strong academic record
- A life sciences PhD or a medical degree will add to the strength of the application
- A strong work ethic and a solution-focused ‘can do’ attitude combined with intellectual curiosity and creativity
- A passion for medical communications and education
- The ability to work effectively in teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Jan Coetzee (Talent Manager). We do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies.