We are currently looking for an interim account director to join our busy client services team, reporting to the Client Services Director. The successful candidate will have exceptional problem-solving, project management and diplomacy skills. Strong face-to-face and written communication skills and a proven ability to develop lasting client relationships are also essential. The successful candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, creative environment with occasional opportunities for travel.
As an interim Account Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with clients and healthcare professionals to understand their needs and translate these into opportunities for the development of high-quality medical communication solutions
- Proactively driving projects forward and seeing them through to completion in a timely manner
- Working closely with internal teams at Porterhouse Medical to manage priorities and ensure that solutions are delivered to the highest standard
- Proactively managing project scope and budgets to ensure that any issues are communicated to clients and that project profitability is maintained
- Developing an understanding of new therapy areas quickly and comprehensively, inspiring confidence with clients
- Identifying opportunities for new business within existing accounts
- Leading new business initiatives, including attendance and presentation at pitch meetings
- Training and developing a team, including conduction of performance reviews and appraisals
Desired background and skills
We are looking for the very best life sciences graduates in order to maintain our reputation as a
first-class medical communications agency delivering scientific programmes of the highest quality.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with the following skills, attributes and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) and a strong academic record
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior account management role in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical company
- A proven track record of client and account management, and delivery of organic growth and new business
- Experience of managing and developing a team, and proven leadership and influencing skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills, and an excellent attention to detail
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jan Coetzee (Talent Manager). We do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies.